Salon Do’s and Don’ts, or How to Be a Better Client
Many people are unaware of salon etiquette or they simply don’t think about it. After all, it’s not one of those things you learn in school, but rather something you pick up over time. At our Marietta hair salon, we strive to provide the highest quality hair services to all of our clients while also creating a positive, rewarding environment for our talented stylists. The following do’s and don’ts are not hard and fast rules- we know things come up, days get busy, and unintentional faux pas will occur- but abiding by them helps the salon run smoother and ensures the best possible service for everyone.
- DO be honest about your hair care routine and preferences. If you’re a low-maintenance gal, your stylist needs to know that so he or she can give you a style that will look good with minimal time and effort.
- DON’T be late. Running a few minutes late every now and then is understandable, but if you’re running substantially behind schedule, understand that your stylist may not be able to complete the style you want or may have to skip your appointment altogether. You want to be seen promptly when you arrive, right? That can’t happen if your stylist is having to finish up with a late client, so for everyone’s sake, be on time. If you can’t make your appointment in a timely manner, call the salon. We may be able to fit you in with another stylist or reschedule you for a better time.
- DO communicate your desires as clearly as possible. Since you may not have the full hairdresser lingo down, bringing photos is a good way to explain what you’re looking for. You can even pull up your Pinterest boards on your phone to show your stylist!
- DON’T be afraid to speak up– courteously- if you need something or are concerned about your service. We’re here to make you comfortable and give you a great haircut that you’ll love. If something is not to your liking, we’d much rather you let us know so we can fix it than having you leave unhappy.
- DO ask about prices when you book your appointment. Pricing varies from salon to salon and even from stylist to stylist. Asking up front ensures that you will not be unpleasantly surprised at the end of your visit.
- DON’T be that person on the cell phone. Chatting on the phone is annoying to other clients and your phone calls, texts, and Angry Bird game can interfere with your stylist’s ability to do their job.
Photo by PublicDomainPictures via Pixabay