What Do You Mean Cut My Hair to Make It Grow?!
Some women think that they can avoid having split ends by simply letting their hair grow without ever getting a trim. You may not realize this, but having split ends and breaks in you hair is inevitable. Without regular trims, you’ll notice that you have hair breaking off. Split ends can be caused by using heat as part of your styling process or by lack of conditioning. According to splitender.com, here is a list of common causes for split ends:
- Excessive use of hot styling tools (irons, hot curlers, blow dryers, hot combs).
- Overuse of chemical treatments (relaxers, perms, hair color).
- Excessive use of styling products such as gels, waxes and sprays or any with alcohol.
- Environmental damage from heat, cold, wind and other climate issues.
- Improper detangling techniques.
- Use of inferior hair care products.
- Use of inferior styling tools that rip or snag hair (cheap synthetic brushes or combs, brush rollers, etc.,).
- Hard water from your shower, ocean salt water, pools & spas chlorine,and UV rays.
It’s important to cut off old and dry ends if you want to have hair that is healthy. While you can come into the salon for trims every six to eight weeks, your trim schedule should be based on your hair-growth cycle. If you want long and strong hair, go for a shorter style as the weather warms up. Snipping off older hair helps you to grow healthier and more resilient hair. Ironically, to maintain your longer length, get frequent trims.
Contact Levell’s Salon, your Full Service Salon serving women, men and children located in Marietta, GA. We specialize in hair coloring, precision cutting, hair weaving, braiding, and barber services. We also provide services to meet your beauty needs such as eyelashes, eyebrows and our Juvéderm dermal filler procedure which is administered by Dr. Sherri Barton, an experienced Board Certified Physician. Come be a part of Levell’s Salon of Experience. We provide you with all that you need to look your very best!